Fire Control can inspect, supply, install and service fire extinguishers in your premises, and manage the service and maintenance of your Fire Extinguishers and Fire Hose Reels to meet the requirements of IS and BS Fire Safety Standards. Under the Fire Service Act those who have control over a premises and/or employers are required to make protect against the possiblity of a fire on their premises. One of these requirements is to have an appropriate number of working fire extinguishers installed on your premises and to ensure that they are serviced regularly, in accordance with the Irish Standard
Regular maintenance is essential with safety products such as fire extinguishers. IS 291 and BS 5306, requires that your fire extinguishers are serviced at least annually to ensure that they will work operate correctly when you need them to. Fire Control provide a comprehensive maintenance & refill service, we can also provide a full service package that covers all maintenance, refill and testing services.
The following outline shows our standard service procedure:
- All Fire Extinguishers will receive a full and thorough examination each year.
- 30% of Foam and Water extinguishers will be discharged, examined and refilled.
- 20% of ABC and CO2 extinguishers will be discharged, examined and refilled.
- Broken parts will be replaced.
- Fire Hose Reels will be fully unwound and thoroughly examined.
- All Hose Reels will be tested for function and pressure.
- Fire blankets will be inspected as part of the service
- CO2 extinguishers will be pressure tested after 10 years, then every 5 years after that